In 1992, Special Olympics was the first of the Olympic movements to introduce golf to its events calendar - some 24 years before the Olympics. Special Olympics golf is designed for participation and competition regardless of ability. The range of events is intended to maximize participation and develop progress pathways as golfers develop and improve their scores and skills.
- Level 1 - Individual Skills Competition
- Level 2 - Alternate Shot Team Play Competition
- Level 3 - Unified Sports® Team Play
- Level 4 - Individual Stroke Play Competition [9 hole]
- Level 5 - Individual Stroke Play Competition [18 hole]
Golf in Great Britain is growing year on year and more regional training and competitions are taking place across the country. Special Olympics GB Golfers have had success across the globe in team and individual competitions.